“Posting on behalf of my dear friend, sister in animal welfare, animal warrior extraordinaire & beautiful singer/song writer… Louis Du Toit….please sign & send the letter below to help save the wolves!”
We can OPPOSE this horrific proposal by:
1. Submitting our comments until the 5th of December at the following link – it is URGENT:
2. Sending our comments to the following addresses – please cc. SadieParrwolfpact@gmail.com on letters sent if possible:
3. Calling or faxing:
Telephone: 250 387-6240
Fax: 250 387-1040
EXAMPLE LETTER: Dear friends, I have constructed a simple letter using and quoting some of the information in the e-mail that was sent to me by Robert Goldman. You are welcome to use it as an example letter for your comments against the draft management plan.
The letter is the following:
The current draft management plan for the Grey Wolf in British Columbia certainly does NOT cover the needs of a better BC for wolves, wildlife and people. It is a horrendous proposal lacking conservation, ecology, and ethics. Based on fear and mismanagement, it will lead our ecosystems to total impoverishment.
4. Return to former species licence, quotas, bag limits, restricted seasons, and mandatory reporting of kills for hunting wolves.
5. A decision and statement that lethal predator control is NOT an option for the recovery of mountain caribou and a stop to the Quesnell Highland wolf sterilization and removal project.
6. A provincial management plan for wolves that considers the social stability of packs as well as population size to ensure the long term conservation of the species in its most natural form.
7. A commitment to reduce wolf-livestock-human conflicts through prevention, and provision of educational initiatives and incentives for responsible husbandry practices.
8. Protect large tracts of habitat for wolves and their prey. Ensure that protected areas are large enough to support multiple wolf families with no hunting/trapping allowed.