Second Incident: 2-year-Old Leopard Dies Due To Heat Stroke In Alirajpur

Comments Off on Second Incident: 2-year-Old Leopard Dies Due To Heat Stroke In Alirajpur

INDORE: Two year old leopard was found dead on Friday at Malpur Village of Alirajpur district of Madhya Pradesh.

Forest department had ruled out any poaching attempt and post mortem report revealed that leopard has died due to heat stroke.

In morning villagers spotted a dead body of leopard beneath a bridge over Hathni River on Barjhar-Malpur Road under Azad Nagar Tehshil. Following villagers from the near by areas fished out the body from water the informed forest officials.

Chief Conservator of Forest ( CCF) P C Dubey said post mortem report says that two year old leopard has died after its heart stop functioning due to shock. Shock might be due to heat stroke or may be weak and suffering from some ailment.

It is second incident under Azad Nagar Tehshil in last six month when leopard had died natural death. Earlier a mutilated body of leopard was found at Chhoti Pol Village.

Dubey said few months back villagers had killed a leopard at Chhoti Pol Village as leopard had killed their animal. Five people were arrested in that connection and sent to jail. At time nail and hair had been recovered from their possession.

News Link:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/indore/2-year-old-leopard-dies-due-to-heat-stroke-in-Alirajpur/articleshow/20000968.cms?intenttarget=no

Advertisements

Bulldog team mascot left out in 90º temperatures dies of heatstroke

Comments Off on Bulldog team mascot left out in 90º temperatures dies of heatstroke

“What the hell is wrong with people, seriously if you need to be told to keep your dog out of extreme heat for long periods of time…you shouldn’t be owning a dog…it’s basic stuff, no need for a degree in animal care, just common sense…then again, some people are born with out the slightest bit of it…This guy needs to be held responsible for Tech’s death!”

If you happen to live near the Louisiana Tech University campus in Ruston, La., and saw the flyers offering a $1,000 reward for the football team’s missing English bulldog mascot, you can stop looking. Tech XX, as the dog was named, didn’t run away, as initially reported.

Tech XX Died of Heat Stroke

It was all a hoax to cover up the fact that the lovable 4-year-old pooch is dead. He died of heatstroke Sunday evening after being left outside in sweltering temperatures.

On Wednesday, the director of the clinic that cared for him, Patrick Sexton, broke the news in a statement that read:

Tech XX was a member of our immediate family and a daily part of our lives for the past four years. We are devastated over the circumstances of his passing, and there will be a large void in our hearts for some time to come.

The statement also noted that the employee responsible for the dog’s death “chose to handle [his error in judgment] the wrong way” and that he “is no longer employed by Sexton Animal Health Center.”

View slideshow: Tech XX dies of heatstroke

But the statement comes as cold comfort to fans of the team and to animal lovers everywhere, who are shocked. One of them, Pam Miller, told station KNOE that the dog’s death was “preventable. So, let’s prevent it from ever happening again.” Miller also demanded a complete investigation into the animal’s demise, adding that bulldogs drool and pant when they overheat. Both should have been recognized as warning signs by Tech XX’s caretaker.

Other alumni of the university are calling for animal cruelty charges to be brought against the employee.

Animal deaths resulting from exposure to high heat are more commonplace than many pet owners realize.

Statistics on pet deaths related to extreme temperatures  are comparatively scant. One Utah woman learned about these risks the hard way when three of the 11 dogs she was transporting by plane died in the aircraft’s cargo storage area in May. It was later revealed that temperatures in the aft section of aircraft can soar upward of 120º F.

Pet owners are urged to learn about the signs of heat stroke as well as the actions to take in the event a pet seems in distress.

News Link:http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2012/08/02/bulldog-team-mascot-left-out-in-90o-temperatures-dies-of-heatstroke/

Dog Dies in Iowa Heat: Was It Animal Neglect?

Comments Off on Dog Dies in Iowa Heat: Was It Animal Neglect?

“If people don’t think to themselves ‘wow it’s hot, I best check the dog‘s got water etc. etc’ then perhaps they shouldn’t have animals!”

Here’s a story that ran on Urbandale Patch. We’re running it here as a sad reminder that pets can suffer from the heat just as we can.

Urbandale police are investigating whether the death of a German shepherd left outdoors in the heat last week is a case on animal neglect.

Police arrived last Friday at a home in the 3100 block of 67th Street after someone called concerned about the welfare of a dog there. They found the dog dead in an outdoor kennel, said Lt. Rob Johansen.

He said there was no water in the kennel at the time they found the animal.

Officers spoke to a 17-year-old boy who was home at the time. He lives with his 38-year-old mother, who was not there.

An autopsy will be conducted on the animal to determine its cause of death.  The high temperature in Des Moines was 93 degrees that day, according to the National Weather Service.

News Link:http://westdesmoines.patch.com/articles/dog-dies-in-heat-in-iowa-heat-was-it-animal-neglect

After dog dies in his hot car, owner smiles in booking mug

Comments Off on After dog dies in his hot car, owner smiles in booking mug

Bill Omer (Galveston PD)

“What a low life scum bag. Glad he thinks it’s funny that his dog died of heat exhaustion…wonder if he will be giving it the thumbs up when the judge sends him to prison…or when people shun him because his stupid face is plastered all over the internet…one can but hope!”

A smiling Houston man — facing cruelty charges after his pet dog died in Galveston on July 4 when he left it in a sweltering vehicle, Galveston Police say — posed shirtless in his booking mug, giving the thumbs-up sign.

Bill Omer, 23, a student, has been charged with cruelty to a non-livestock animal, and was released from custody after posting $15,000 bail, said GPD Lt. Michael Gray.

Omer faces up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine if found guilty of the felony offense.

Officers arrived at the vehicle in the 3100 block of Avenue S about 6:40 p.m. and found Omer holding the lifeless pit bull, Gray said.

The dog apparently died of heat exhaustion from being inside the unattended vehicle for about an hour and half.

Omer was in Galveston to celebrate the Fourth of July, Gray said.

As temperatures hit 91 on the island, the heat inside the vehicle was another story, according to Gray.

Animals cannot be left in vehicles for any amount of time,” he said. “Cracking the window does not help. It can reach up to 120 degrees in a short amount of time.

“It’s just like leaving a child in the vehicle,” Gray said. “The longer they’re in there, the higher the chance of serious injury or death. A vehicle is an oven in the heat.”

News Link:-http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2012/07/05/after-dog-dies-in-his-hot-car-owner-smiles-in-booking-mug/

%d bloggers like this: